Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wow it is 2009!


Well here it is, January 3rd, 2009. I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since April. Life in the Dodd household has been fun and busy, but fairly uneventful.

We went tubing last night at Perfect North Slopes, with a group of friends. Then had a late dinner at LaRosa's. It was fun, interesting taking a six year old tubing. He had fun, after he figured out there is life at the end of the hill.

The first time he rode down with Daddy and Mr. Steve. "It was fun Mommy!" he told me as we were heading up to ride down together. "I hope you don't mind screaming, 'cause I screamed a lot!" I didn't mind the screaming, it was the tears of fear when we jumped into our tubes to head down the hill together. I felt like such a mean mom (what's new) until his tears of fear turned into screams of laughter. Maybe this will become a regular January tradition.






This is a photo of our little archaeologist. He was excavating for lost Egyptian treasure. This is 'serious' work. (Can't you tell by the expression!)






2 comments:

Jim, Holly and Abby said...

Wow, I can't believe there is a post. By the way, great first picture(I believe I took that one).

The Woolfpack said...

A post!? I'm shocked... but happy! I heard you all went to Perfect North... missed being there. Happy '09!