Sunday, October 28, 2007

it's about time...

Finally! It is almost the end of October and I haven't posted since mid-August. I am sure I have voilated some sort of bloggers law. But finally, here I am at midnight, downloading photos from the weekend. It has been a busy couple of months, but I will be honest, I haven't posted because I am lazy. That and who can keep up the Scott's blog. They do all kinds of fun stuff, like going to a doggie halloween party, camping, host halloween parties. OK obviously it is late, because I am rambling and not getting to the fun.



I went to my first parent-teacher conference. On Wednesday, before going, I told Logan I was going to talk to his teacher. He asked, "What about?" "You" I replied. Then I asked, what is she going to tell me about you? His eyes widened. "Mom, I had to turn my color." Completely ratted himself out. Kinda funny, but kinda scary. He is a little sneaky. Anyway back to the PTC - Love setting in the kindergarten chairs! Basically she said Logan was doing great and a joy to have in class, blah, blah, blah... Oh yeah, did I mention he talks too much and interrupts her during class.



I ask Logan why he interrupted his teacher and all he had to say in his defense, "I had something to say!" He is learning a lot. We play word games in the car and he loves learning new things.



Now for the fun part. It's HALLOWEEN! Such a fun time of year. I love making his costume, I hope it continues to be a tradition in our house. But all too soon, he will prefer the cooler store bought jobs. This year he wanted to be a dragon. I thought he was a dragon last year, to which I was reminded it was a dinosaur. Again, I thought they were the same thing. Again I was corrected, "Mom, a dragon has wings!" So, I had to creat a red dragon with wings that blew fire. Jeff thought a lighter with a can of hairspray would work fine. (Jokingly!) But we opted for something a little safer. Here's my fire-breathing, shiny-winged flying, red dragon...

OK for my last bit of blogging for the night, I promised HollyM a pic of my new 'do. Since it was halloween.

I do enjoy playing with photoshop.

4 comments:

The Woolfpack said...

What a good mom you are to make his costumes. Very cute!! And I love the picture of you...too funny. That's how I feel around here most of the time. ;)

The Scott Family said...

Ha! Glad to hear that I'm not the only monster mom! You have to be the coolest mom though to have the time and energy for that awesome Dragon costume!!

The Dodd Diary said...

energy - 0. Time - very little. I made it at my mom's house and she helped! I can't take all the credit.

Jim, Holly and Abby said...

I love the new 'do! I have never seen you with straight hair. And definitely love the red eyes(very scary)!!