Monday, August 20, 2007

big day

Today was a very big day for Logan (& Mom). Logan officially became a kindergartener. A proud student of Mann Elementary, home of the Mavericks.

First order of the day was brunch at Julia and Ellie's with my fellow first-timers, Julia and Ryan. We live so close together but all of us are attending different schools.

After a great brunch, it was time to head home and wait for the bus. Our neighbor, Jacob is also starting kindergarten today. He and Logan are both 'Mann Mavericks' but in different classes.

After Logan eagerly jumped on the bus, I headed to Mann to watch my big boy enter school for the first time. Once inside the building, he didn't know where to go and got a little afraid. I didn't get any pictures at that point, because I heard him say, "I need my mommy, cause I don't know where I am supposed to be" and the tears started (for Logan). I helped him find the right line and introduced him to another little boy that was in his class and lives on our street! He dried the tears quickly and followed his teacher to the classroom. While I was trying to sneak a peek into his classroom to check, he saw me, gave me a big smile and waved good-bye.

Logan enjoying his "brefkast" (at least I think that's how you would spell it in 'Logan-ese')

Ryan was very excited about the adventures ahead.

Julia was all smiles and Ellie joined the celebration.

Logan and Jacob ready for the big day! They were the first one's on the bus!

I was headed to the bus stop at 4:10 (for a 4:14 delivery) and when I walked opened the garage door, Logan was trying to get in the front door! He was so wound up! He truly enjoyed his first day of kindergarten. When I ask him what he did, his reply was, "we did art and had a snack." He said they were suppose to draw a picture of his family, but he only drew him and Daddy. He didn't have time to draw Mommy and Penny (his pet bunny).

His backpack is ready for another adventure tomorrow... day 2.

5 comments:

The Woolfpack said...

Way to go Logan!! Glad to hear all went well.

The Scott Family said...

Glad to hear that Logan liked school! They are growing up to fast!!!

tammy said...

Wow Logan I cannot believe you are in Kindergarten already. I hope you had a great first day and enjoy all the rest of your days at Mann!

The Rice Family said...

big boy!! funny...our girls say, "breakTIST" - what is it about that word?

Jim, Holly and Abby said...

Good job Logan. Abby was asking how your first day of school went. I was happy to report that it went great!